When transporting marijuana whether as an individual or as a business, it is vital that you understand the general guidelines to ensure that you are keeping yourself safe- and in full abidance with the law.
While not all the guidelines listed in this article are necessarily directly related to the laws enacted in each state, they serve as a general guide to follow to be extra cautious when transporting marijuana. Remember, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Just like the alcohol laws, in most states it is illegal to
have an open marijuana container in the vehicle. It is vital to always have
your precious cargo secured in either a lock box or locked in the trunk. If
transporting in a van, be sure to keep the cargo out of view – covered when
- Always be sure to familiarize yourself with the local laws and regulations in your state and county before transporting marijuana.
- Never cross state lines when transporting marijuana.
- Keep the marijuana out of the reach of the
driver and other passengers.
- Good rule of thumb: Keep the marijuana in the trunk.
- Keep the necessary paperwork readily available, as required by your state or local laws. This may include patient registry cards, physician documentation, business documentation or even a caregiver license, depending on your state laws.
- If transporting as a business, always be sure that 1 individual stays in the vehicle at-all times during transportation routes.
- If transporting as an individual, avoid leaving the marijuana in the vehicle unattended. If you need to for any reason, double check that your vehicle doors & trunk are locked and that the marijuana is secured/out of sight.
- Keep all marijuana containers sealed. NO Open containers – just like alcohol.
- Don’t transport quantities that exceed what is permitted by law.
**Remember, not all these guidelines pertain to the laws and restrictions enacted in each state that has legalized marijuana in one way or another. Some state and local laws may in fact be more lenient while others may be increasingly strict, you can never be too safe.
If you are a business seeking a secure and reliable world class transportation company with the uppermost standards for asset protection to transport your marijuana, be sure to steer toward Blumfield Secure Transport.
With an outstanding reputation and a highly trained professional fleet, Blumfield Secure Transport is always taking the necessary steps and precautions to ensure the clients cargo remains secure and is delivered to the source on-time.
**Disclaimer: This article is not intended to be legally binding nor a form of legal advice. If you plan to transport marijuana as a business, we strongly recommend that you first seek advice from a qualified attorney or a legal representative in your state to ensure you are abiding by all state and local laws.